Happy accidents can be found throughout history like the story of Percy LeBaron Spencer. Spencer was an engineer who was trying to figure out how to use radar technology to fire intense beams of radiation and turn it into a weapon. Instead, he noticed that food in his vicinity was cooking, pursued the idea and invented the microwave. Spencer’s chances of having children may have been reduced but mankind will be forever grateful for this happy accident when warming up pizza at 9am in the morning or blowing up eggs for clips on YouTube. ‘The Artist’ is like the microwave, an experiment in silent cinema that produces surprising results that will warm your heart.
Tag Archives: The Artist
- RT @buckle22: COMPUTER CHESS: Oddball, raw b+w recreation/fiction of an 80's man v machine chess tournament had me fooled. Tech-jargon/nerd… 24 minutes ago
- Here's the SDIT Amazon link, one pre-order comes with a phaser (pew pew pew) via Collider amazon.com/gp/product/B00… 52 minutes ago
- Amazon are already taking pre-orders for the 'Star Trek Into Darkness' BluRay 57 minutes ago
- The Eurovision voting is my favourite Excel spreadsheet ever #SBSEurovision 10 hours ago
- @imaginedslights and the drugs! I mean, cocaine is an expensive drug, those kids must have a crazy allowance 10 hours ago